Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Combining Stamping and Painting


Hello! Trena here. Many ideas popped into popped into my head when I saw all the lovely Kanji images! I didn't know where to start. :o) My DT Sisters have been creating lovely projects. I get a lot of inspiration from them! I hope you'll take some time to visit our blog each day and get some inspiration too!!

For this project, I combined my love for stamping with my love for painting and drawing. I saw a room divider on line and thought I could make that! :o) Here's what I did to create this Bamboo trifold tag:
  1. Stamped background image off and then onto white card stock twice for the full screen.
  2. I then hand painted the bamboo trees.
  3. Next, I cut them into three panels, considering the size of my tag and gold and black layers.
  4. Adhered the layers.
  5. Added ribbon and cord.
  6. All done!
Stamps: Kanji Images
Paper
: white, black, & gold metallic card stock, trifold tag
Inks
: black ink pad, black dipping ink
Accessories
: sumi brush, black sheer ribbon, gold cord
-------------------------
Announcing last weeks Giveaway winner!! Congratulations Carri (abusybee )!
abusybee said... This is great! I love the design and the amazing color combo!
Carri~abusybee
 
Carri, please email your snail mail address to: bindy@crafterscompanion.com.
----------------------------

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Now that's classy!! Love the touch of gold, it makes it pop. Great job!!

Paula Huiras said...

Great hand painting of the bamboo! It is very classy.
PH

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

wow Trena!! your painting is AWESOME!!love the touch of gold too!

Marge said...

Absolutely beautiful, Trena! And if not everyone is blessed with your painting skills, they could stamp the bamboo or a similar image!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Trena this is so creative and such an imaginative way to use these stamps.
How fun to make a screen.
Can't believe you hand painted so well

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous Trena!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Yippee! Thank you! I emailed you!