Sunday, January 8, 2012

Exploring on a Road Trip

Hello everybody - I'm Marge Dady, another new member of the Crafter's Companion 2012 Design Team. I've been stamping for over a decade - I can't even begin to say how stamping has enriched my life with not only a creative outlet, but with the opportunity for friendships with some really wonderful women. You can learn more about me and my obsession(s) on my blog.

I wanted to share this gorgeous image of a dog and his little suitcase, which is the "Gorgeous" set from the new Strawberry Kisses line. For this cute image, I dusted off my colored pencils, which I'll confess I haven't been inspired to use for over a year. Don't these images showcase your coloring to a tee?

This little pooch looked all set for a road trip - so I had the idea to use an old road map for the background. Once I started, I couldn't stop, so I'm sharing two variations on the travel theme with you today. The trunk of my car is now short one Illinois road map, but hey, it was from 1989 anyway.

I wanted one of these to be a Bon Voyage type of card -- so I took the words "Flower Power" from the set with the adorable kitty in the flowerpot that you saw a few days ago from Tracy -- and cut out the letters for "explore". Wait, no "x" in Flower Power you say? Not to worry, take the stem from two of the "r's" and criss-cross them. Nothing will stop a determined crafter!

Hope you enjoyed these, and perhaps you'll be off on a hunt for crafting supplies in your own car, soon!

See you here next week -- Marge Dady

7 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

Really neat idea with the map background. Love the added stars and heart.
PH

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

How creative to use the map background with this cutie...love your coloring sweetie

Trena in Naperville said...

Adorable Marge, just adorable!! I dig the background you chose and your coloring makes your puppies pop!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Carolyn L. said...

So cute! Great layouts.

Kathy said...

The cards are awesome.The road map background is wonderful, what a great idea. Love the coloring. You have a great imagination. Very talented.

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

gorgeous coloring Marge and LOVE the road map!

thescrapmaster said...

Marge, this are too cute! You made those little pups look so great with your coloring!