Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fulfill Your Wildest Dreams Card

Happy New Year!! Stacy here!

I know I am a couple of days late but I'm still feeling the spirit! lol How are you all doing?? Are things finally slowing down a bit after all that holiday madness? Did you get some scrappy goodness for Christmas and are you itching to start playing with it? Maybe all you need is a little inspiration to get you started. Well you have come to the right place!! We have a special sneak peek at the newest collection of Art Kure Stamps that will be released next week!! Aren't you the lucky one for stopping by here today! These stamps are wonderful and I am excited to share one of them with you today. I just know they will get your scrappy mojo going!!


These Art Kure stamps just seem so perfect for this time of year. Several of them are winter town scenes, some are cozy cottages in the woods and then there are these gorgeous trees that are just totally majestic. Guess which one I chose?? lol Yes, I chose one of those trees - specifically the Spruce Tree. I just couldn't help myself.

I decided to make a graduation card because I found an awesome vellum quote that just fit in with my card layout idea. I really wanted to just let things fall into place and pulled most everything I used from my stash. I did get to use one of my new edge punches that I received for Christmas. (see what I said about itching to use those Christmas goodies! lol) I colored the image with my new Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers. I can't rave about them enough. If you haven't already put in an order for them what are you waiting for??!! They are totally affordable, they color perfectly and they come in so many wonderful colors. Can you tell that I love them??


Okay enough of my raving....ha After I colored the image I cut it out and layered it with paper from my stash. I attached the vellum quote with brads. I find this one of the best ways to attach vellum to my projects. I still haven't found that "perfect" vellum adhesive that doesn't show through. I like to either use brads or staples. I used another vellum sentiment on the inside of the card and I stapled that one down. I added a bit of ribbon and voila it was done!



I hope I inspired you a little bit.  If you are inspired, remember we have an "Anything Goes" Challenge going on over on our Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog. All you need to do is grab a Crafter's Companion stamp, and let you creative juices flow. There is a fab prize for the winner.

Until next time.....happy scrapping!!!


Stacy

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Wonderful card Stacy!! Love the plaid background. Great coloring.

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Gorgeous card Stacy - I love how masculine it is and I have a hard time making masculine cards so I admire anyone who can pull it off!

Kelly Massman said...

Love! I think I'm going to love those stamps!

Paula Huiras said...

Nice card Stacy-love the Plaid background and the red little pieces to the top right. Nice embellishments!
PH

Bindy said...

I love trees and this one looks so darned real. Great job Stacy.

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

These stamps are some of my favorites-love this image you used.
What a great card design and idea for a graduation.

jone said...

Pretty good post! I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.