Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happiness, Joy, Love

Hi everyone! Stacy here with another sneak peak at some of the upcoming goodies you will soon be able to find at the Crafter's Companion Store!! This week I have such a treat for you. We are giving you a peak at our new Kanji Stamps. These Asian inspired stamps are really a delicate treat. There are words and sayings in the beautiful Kanji script and complementary backgrounds and images. The possibilities are endless on what you could do with these stamps.
I decided to make a layout. My husband and I have internationally adopted 5 children. When we were in China adopting number 5, my friend, Denise and I found this little shop that would custom make these lovely Chinese outfits. We both had some made for our children.
Last Christmas I put all of my children in their outfits and took a photo of them in our home. That photo has been sitting waiting for a whole year for just the right layout. "Ha" When I saw these Kanji stamps a bell went off in my head. I decided to stamp three of the images onto vellum. It sort of gave them the look of being painted on rice paper. I layered it on some red and black card stock and attached it with bronze brads.
I went for a fairly clean and simple look to the layout because the photo just seemed so busy with the bright red outfits my children are wearing. I happened to have the bronze heart charm and the red/orange and black fiber trim in my stash. I really struggled at first pulling it all together but I think sometimes the more simple layouts can be the hardest. Finally I decided to just put the focus on the photo and the stamped vellum and it all fell into place.
I hope you enjoyed my project and I hope it inspired you a bit today. If you are inspired I would love to encourage you to go over to our sister blog, Crafter's Companion USA Challenge Blog, http://crafterscompanion-challenge.blogspot.com/2012/01/crafters-companion-january-challenge.html and join in on our January "Anything Goes" challenge. There is a wonderful prize that features one of my personal favorites, Humphrey the Elephant. I hope to see your projects over there soon. Until next time...happy scrapping!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Wonderful card.Love the stamps on vellum. You have a beautiful family.

Carolyn L. said...

What a great layout!

Paula Huiras said...

Lovely layout and what fun! Just perfect!!!
PH

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Gorgeous family and layout Stacy! and such an appropriate stamp set for the photo ... LOL - at least you are only 1 yr behind scrapping it! I just finished scrapping my wedding album this past Christmas - we've been married 14 yrs!:-)

Trena in Naperville said...

What a beautiful page Stacy!! The design paper and embellishments bring the page together. And, the photo is just priceless.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Kelly Massman said...

What a GORGEOUS page! I love every bit! The photo is so beautiful, too!!!! It is one of my very favorite layouts!

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh my goodness this is wonderful! How exciting to finely share this great picture of your children...love the matching outfits.
Great use of these images

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

The photo fits your lay-out perfect! Love all the great elements on this!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com