Wednesday, January 18, 2012

KANJI ART

Hello Everyone! Kathy here!

Today I want to show you a few of the beautiful stamps from the Kanji stamp collection. I think Asian art is so mysterious. All the symbols, dragons, and beautiful silk fabrics.

I love these stamps. They have the symbols on them and what they mean. I wanted to do something a little different, so I stamped the images on fabric. Cut the squares out and frayed the edges, then distressed them with some Versa Magic gingerbread ink. I made a little wall hanging to give to one of my friends who loves anything oriental.


These stamps are very bold, and stamp crisp and clean.

Crafter's Companion has a variety of Kanji stamps to choose from. There are also backgrounds stamps, flowers and fans.

Pop over to the Crafter's Companion store and take a look. Also, don't forget about the January challenge. The theme this month is anything goes. How easy is that? There is still plenty of time to make a project and enter. Go to the Crafter's companion-challenge blog and check it out.

I hope you liked my project.

Thank you for stopping by, and have a scrappy day.

10 comments:

Frank said...

I love it. Great layout and colors. Just enough there with no crowding. The hanger at top really finishes it off.

Carolyn L. said...

Really beautiful and creative!

Paula Huiras said...

I agree sooo nice!!!
PH

Marge said...

These are beautiful, Kathy!

Marge said...

These are beautiful, Kathy!

Marge said...

These are beautiful, Kathy!

Trena in Naperville said...

Kathy! You know I love this design!! What a creative way to display the lovely image and fabric! Great photo of your project! :o)

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

How very creative Kathy - awesome job!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

These are so creative Kathy-love the texture.

Stacy H-W said...

Kathy great project~!! Super pretty.