Thursday, January 12, 2012

Kanji - Happiness Candles

I had so much fun making this project. At first I was totally intimidates with these Kanji images. Then one of my amazing team mates told me to think of them as sentiments. The light bulb came on... that is what these are SENTIMENTS. That made my world much easier and I went to town having fun playing with the words. It's kind of fun learning a bit about another language/cultural. These lovely candles and matching card will be a gift for someone special.

How did I do it?
It'a easy peasy you can too!
1. Buy cheapie candles from the dollar store.
2. Wrap candle with mulberry paper adhere with wet glue (you can stamp the mulberry paper with your Kanji stamps).
3. Tear a piece of black cardstock and layer with another piece of mulberry paper to make a ring around the candle.
4. Used twine to wrap around the candle a few times. (i would have used black cord if I had it)
5. Added a tag with the Kanji sentiment "Happiness" stamped on to it.

Your turn! send us pics when you get them done!

You can view the rest of these amazing Kanji stamps next week here on the Crafter's Companion website. There are background images, sentiments (Kanji) and a few other cute images. You are sure to find at least one or two that you will need to add to your collection!

SAFETY NOTE: My candles are for decoration only, if you plan to burn the candles, I suggest using the fake candles with a battery. They look realistic and won't catch the paper on fire. You can even add a bit of scented oil for that yummie smell. I found some of the fake candles at the dollar store, I just preferred the vanilla smell of these lovely candles and do not plan on burning them.


9 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Lovely project....burn responsibly...lol

Kathy said...

You project is amazing!!! So beautiful and creative. I love the card, and how you placed them on the bamboo curtain to take the picture.
Outstanding job...

Paula Huiras said...

Very nice project-love that background!
PH

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

gorgeous project Jeannie!! glad I could help along with your creative process! Love the safety notice too - LOL

Marge said...

Very nice gift!

Trena in Naperville said...

Very creative and lovely Jennie!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Carolyn L. said...

Super creative use of those images! Love everything!

Kathi said...

Really beautiful card and projects!

Trena in Naperville said...

Awesome, creative designs Jennie!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!