Thursday, January 12, 2012

St. Mellion Church by Art-Kure


Hello everyone! I hope you are being inspired by all of the projects from the Crafter's Companion design team members.

For this week's project, I picked the St. Mellion Church stamp from the Art-Kure collection at Crafter's Companion. The Art-Kure stamps have me thinking of a little black dress. You can dress them up or down and they still look fabulous!

I made a 4" wide by 9" tall card from black card stock. The image - in black ink on white card stock - was punched with a 3" circle punch. I attached it to a 3 1/2" circle of red card stock. I cut a 3/4" strip of the red card stock and attached it to the front of the card. All attaching was done with (the Crafter's Companion Extra Strong Permanent Tape Runner). I added 5 red gemstones and - voilĂ ! - this sleek card was done!

I think this card is a good general purpose card. I would send this one to a man or woman. And how much easier could you get? This will be one of my "go to" designs for that last minute rush to get a card out the door.

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.
Lisa

9 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Lisa, this is a beautiful card that anyone would love to receive!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card! Every elegant. Great color combo. Super job!!

julie_woolston said...

Lovely card the image is gorgeous.

Hugs Julie x

Paula Huiras said...

Yes, good general purpose card. It has a nice design. We need cards like this one.
PH

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

wow Lisa that image really pops with with the black and red bkground! awesome job!

Marge said...

Love it. Simplicity and so classic.

Marge said...

Love it. Simplicity and so classic.

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

Love the clean design and long shape of the card for this beautiful image.

Carolyn L. said...

This clean and simple application really makes your image pop and keeps it really classy!