Welcome back to the Crafter's Companion Blog!
Today I am going to show you a Lumiere I created with the pretty Stamp It stamps.
It's super cute and easy to make!
Here is how I went about creating a Lumiere.
I promise you it is easy and the sky is the limit when adding finishing touches. Here are my "directions" for creating your own piece of art.
1.You need to decide what type of vellum or paper you want to use. If you want a luminescence you need to choose vellum with a transparent quality. Or you can stamp on paper.
2. Next you should select a permanent ink, especially if you want to color your images. If you don't use a permanent ink your images will smear. Don’t stamp just yet!
3. Divide your paper into three sections and mark the sections by a little pencil tick. You need to have a flap at one end to secure your final edge together. I cut a 1/2 inch strip and scored in the middle to adhere to the two ends.
4. Take your Crafter’s Companion TopScore Miltiboard and score your lines (top to bottom) Don’t press too hard or the vellum will rip. Fold then flatten to work on.
5. Decide where you want to stamp your images and do so. Let your images dry well so they won’t smear when you start working with your Lumiere.
6. Next you want to cut out the edge caps, trims and borders. It is up to you what you want to do. I used edge caps to add more rigidity. I cut those as 1/2” strips and scored them down the middle for a nice fold on either side of the vellum edges. Design your own borders and embellishments and add.
This is what I did. Before adhering you will want to work on your layering so you don't have any unfinished edges hanging out.
That's it, all you need to do is add a cute battery powered "candle" for a little glow.
Thanks for stopping by. Come back each day to see what the other designers have created!