Monday, January 30, 2012

Stamp It Travel Journal

Hi all! Jen (JLJ Designs) here. When I saw these new Stamp It stamps, I immediately thought travel journal. Now, I've been on a crafting spending fast this month, so I pondered how to make a travel journal using things I already had in the craft room. I started with a 12x12 piece of heavy card stock (it was dark green, but I covered it all up). I had some pretty purple parchment stationary from my wedding (keep in mind this was 13 years ago!) that I decided to use as the pages. The stationary was 9" x 6.5", so I made my card stock cover 10"x7". After cutting the rectangle, I used my Boxer Board and Ultimate Tool to crease it down the center of the long side, making the book shape. Then, I covered both sides of the paper with Mod Podge and torn papers from my stash. I did this in two steps allowing one side to dry before doing the other.

Now it's time to decorate. I stamped Destination on brown card stock and Mod Podge-ed it to the front with a paper flower behind it. When that was dry, I added tulle, buttons, and flowers.


Here's the inside, where you can see the torn paper detail. For the parchment pages, I stamped Compass on the first pages and used the other stamps at "random" through the book.


Here is the very inside of the book. You can see Destination again and also Faith Birds. It was a little tricky to get the staples in the center. I turned the empty box that the parchment paper came in upside down and opened up my stapler so it was flat. I put the book on the box and stapled through the pages and the box. Then I gently pulled the book off the box and folded the pointy ends of the staple down.


Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you'll check out the Challenge Blog (hint, there might be a giveaway posted today).

Happy Crafting!
Jen

7 comments:

Kathy said...

This is wonderful!! I love all the beautiful papers. The stamps are awesome. Excellent job!!! Thank you for the great directions, and the hard work.

leatherTravel Journal said...

I love all the collection of travel Journal. I have had so many compliments on them. They are very beautiful and stylish papers. Excellent job!!!
Best Travel Journal

Paula Huiras said...

Neat idea!!! I love how you put it all tigether.
PH

Trena in Naperville said...

What a great idea Jen! I dig the cover with tulle. Pretty colors. Thanks for sharing how you did it!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Such a fun idea for using all these great stamps.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is great!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Western Leather Products said...

I love all the beautiful papers. The color are awesome. Excellent job!!! Thank you for the great collections, and the provide awesome albums.
Leather Bound Photo Albums