Hello, this is my first post on the Crafter's Companion Information Blog!! To share a little about myself... I am a woman of faith, married to a wonderful man, Arthur, and we have two adorable children. My friend Marge (you'll meet her later this week) introduced me to the art of stamping in 2002 and I've been hooked ever since! I started teaching workshops and sharing the joy of stamping in 2004. In addition to stamping, I love to paint and color. I have two blogs: where I share my artwork - Stamping, Coloring, and Painting make me Giggle and Trena's Stampin' Headquarters. I'm so excited to be part of the Crafter's Companion Design Team where I can share all the fun I'm having with their products!!
This cute little kitty is part of the new Strawberry Kisses release. She is holding on to her owner's denim purse. This is how I made the card:
- I colored the main part of the purse with blue markers, using light and dark shades. I allowed it to dry completely.
- To give the purse some texture, I dampened a small area of denim jean fabric with alcohol and lightly pressed it the colored area. The texture in the fabric moved the blue ink and created texture on the card stock in the pattern of the fabric.
- I colored the rest of the image and the sentiment. I then trimmed each piece to fit on the front of the card.
- To hide my glue lines on the vellum, I used a glue pen to create a dot-dash pattern around the edge. Adhered the layers and the image and sentiment.
- On the inside of the card, I adhered a piece white card stock for the note and added pieces of red card stock and vellum to the bottom border to carry the theme forward.
Stamps: Strawberry Kisses set 11
Paper: X-press blending card stock, vellum design paper, red card stock
Inks: black ink
Accessories: glue pen, alcohol, piece of fabric, Spectrum Noir Markers
Thanks for visiting!! Please come back tomorrow and see more of these adorable new images. We'll have new posts every day, including sneak peeks for next week's new release!!
Announcing last weeks Giveaway winner!! Congratulations CindyLu!
Cindy, please email your snail mail address to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!