Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Twin Cousins Layout

Happy Tuesday!! Stacy here.
I love scrapping.  I think scrapbooking is a wonderful way to record my family history, and it allows me to be a little creative each day.  I especially love to make 12X12 layouts.  That is one of the reasons why I fell totally in love with the new Stamp It stamps that are soon going to be available for you to purchase.  (don't you just love a little sneak peak!?!)  These stamps lend themselves so well to scrapbook layouts, journals, and cards.  So many possibilities! 
Since I love to make layouts, obviously my first thought was to add one of these cool stamps onto a new layout page.  I started out by stamping several of the new images onto cream card stock and also onto Kraft paper.  I wasn't sure which image I wanted to work with or which paper would work best.  That is the artsy part of scrapping!!  I love trying different things until I hit the one look I want.
I knew I wanted my layout to have more of a distressed look so I pulled out my Ranger Distress ink pads.  I find that the best way to add color to my project is to start off the paper on my non-stick craft sheet.  I work my blending tool in a circular motion onto my project adding more color as needed. I used Vintage Photo and Fired Brick on the stamped image I used on my layout and on the wooden embellies I added.
I find that it is better for me to layer all my bits and pieces before adhering them.  That way I can add and take away until I get just the look I want.  I loved how the Stamp It - Butterfly Frame worked so perfectly with my papers.  I decided to fussy cut some butterflies to add on the layout for more dimension.  I cut out 6 butterflies.  I folded the wings up on 3 of them and then glued the body of each one onto a flat butterfly.  This gives the impression that the wings are flapping and adds great movement.
I also love to sew my on layouts.  I always pierce the paper first with my paper piercer before hand sewing through my paper.  It really makes it so much easier.  I poked through the paper into my computer mouse pad!!  It works perfectly.  And doesn't hurt my mouse pad.
I scrapped a photo of my sister and our cousin.  In the photo they are sitting on our grandmother's lap.  My sister and our cousin were both born prematurely in the same city on the same day but in different hospitals.  We always call them the "Twin Cousins".  Neither my aunt nor my mother knew the other one was having a baby at the same time they were!!   That memory definitely deserved a layout to commemorate it!

I'm happy you stopped by the blog today.  Until next time....happy scrapping!!! 

Stacy

7 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

Beautiful page-love those butterflies and all your extra embellishments.
PH

Trena in Naperville said...

Stacy, what a lovely way to capture this special photo. The page is perfectly balanced. I dig your colors and how you brought all the elements together.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Carolyn L. said...

What a fab and creative idea. I love your layout!

Marge said...

What a lovely memory and layout.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is wonderful! love the use of stamps with your layout

Kathy said...

This s terrific, love all the layering.Very cool butterflies and heart.

Michelle H. said...

Love the stamps!!
Pretty LO!!