Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hello Gorgeous!

Hello today!

Stacy here with my newest project to share with you.  We are having a having a "free" week this week and this means we can choose any of the luscious Crafter's Companion stamps we want to use.  I'm always excited by new stuff.  And we have been lucky to have so much new stuff coming out lately. (Yeah!)  But there has been so much new stuff that I haven't had enough time to play around with the "old" stuff!!  LOL  (And by old I mean a couple of weeks old!)

When the Strawberry Kisses line came out a few weeks ago I really enjoyed making a fun Votive Holder Card to share but then we were on to the next sneak peak.  Well, I didn't get to work with that sweet dog and cat enough.  So that is why I choose the Strawberry Kisses - Gorgeous stamp.  I decided to color the little dog in greys to look more like my own dogs.  I used my Spectrum Noir markers for my coloring and I am loving them more and more every day. 

I printed out some papers from the Strawberry Kisses Paper crafting CD-ROM.  There are so many fun papers, embellies and projects that it really is hard to decide what to use. After printing out the papers that I wanted to use I pulled out my Ultimate Crafter's Companion Advanced Construction Techniques DVD.  Speaking of tons of projects....this one takes the cake for extreme inspiration!  There are so many cool projects you can make.  I really do pull it out for inspiration all the time.  And Sara is so good at taking you through the easy to follow projects step by step.  This is definitely one of my "go to" scrapping items.

For this project I decided to make the Set of Drawers Card.  It has 4 drawers which are the perfect size for gift cards or candy or jewelry.  The ideas are really endless.  To finish up the project I made a matching envelobox to go with the card.  I pulled out my trusty Envelobox Creator board, grabbed an 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 piece of card stock and within a couple of minutes I had the perfectly sized box to go with my project! Voila! 

I hope you enjoyed looking at my project and were maybe inspired a bit.  If you were please remember that you still have time to enter the Crafter's Companion USA January "Anything Goes" Challenge over on our challenge site.  There is a fabulous prize for the winner.  Right now they are also having a giveaway of the Strawberry Kisses -Babe stamp set. (US residents only) Go on over and leave a comment. You might even win.  Until next time...Happy Scrapping!!




7 comments:

Kathy said...

This is so adorable.Love the color combo.The boxes card is awesome. As always, a stunning job...

Trena in Naperville said...

Great idea Stacy! Your coloring is beautiful and goes so nicely with the papers!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I love how you played with this cutie, cute as can be with the box design.

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

LOL this is gorgeous Stacy!! and I made the exact same box for my post on Friday!! great minds think alike!

Kelly Massman said...

LOVE this!! It is so cute and love that box design!

Marge said...

Wow, the construction of your drawers card is fantastic!

Paula Huiras said...

I love the blue/rusty colors together-striking. The buttons are cute too. Really nice project.
PH