Friday, January 20, 2012

We need tranquility in Kanji

Hello everyone, Steph here!

I hope your New Year has been going well. For me, most of the hustle and bustle of the holiday season and the clean up after that is done and some sense of normalcy and routine is coming to our lives once again. Just at a right time for me, Crafter's Companion has just released a new collection of Kanji stamps - lots of unique and meaningful Asian sentiment and images.

This collection intimidated me at first - I didn't recognize any of those Asian characters and I have never done any Asian art - even if I am Asian! But as I was working through my supplies looking for Asian embellishments and papers to use (I have few of those too), my creative juices started percolating. I found in my supplies some mulberry papers, twine, flowers and leaves rub-ons that look like Cherry Blossoms and willow, bamboo skewers and chopsticks (those were extras from some takeout I ate at my desk), Asian images on Western papers like a trendy fusion mix (this I found in Basic Grey and Kaiser Craft paper collections), I even though of stamping these Asian characters as my background paper!

I was very excited about the possibilities this set was generating. Here is what I came with:


The unexpected can surprise you. I hope you will have as much fun with this set as I did. These fun stamps come in different sayings - check it out on the Crafter's Companion website.

Here's wishing you tranquility for the New Year ahead,

Steph
-------------------------------------------------------------

It's time for Giveaway Friday! We thought we would give away another gorgeous new Art-Kure image this week. It's called: Durham Castle .



Just leave a comment on today's post by Sunday night and you could win the gorgeous stamp. We will post the winner on Tuesday's blog post. (Must be a U.S. resident to win.)

-------------------------------------------------------------

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow! Eye popping!! Love the mulberry paper.
Excellent job...

Paula Huiras said...

What a nice card. Love the background paper, the mulberry paper and the twine really adds to the whole card.
PH

Anita said...

That is a lovely card. That stamp is gorgeous. Hugs, Anita <3

Marge said...

Love the leaf rub-ons. Very pretty card.

Marge said...

Love the leaf rub-ons. Very pretty card.

Robin (Tqmnurse) said...

beautiful card...I love the symbols for tranquility

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I just love what you have done with these stamps...the papers are perfect

Kelly Massman said...

Beautiful! And, what a fun stamp! It would be fun to win. Thanks for the chance! :-)