Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What is Your Destination?



It's Tuesday again, so that means Trena is here sharing!! Did you see the lovely travel journal that Jen did yesterday? Today, I am sharing the Destination image from in a greeting card. You can see how versatile it is! The
new Stamp It line features several lovely silhouette images in a collage format. I picked this one because I love butterflies. I really dig how this one is captured in detail, with the swirls and background words. Here's what I did to make this card.
  1. Stamped full image. Inked up around butterfly and stamp. I recommend Memento with alcohol based markers.
  2. I used Spectrum Noir Markers to color the butterflies.
  3. Next, I used and an ink blender tool and Distress Ink pads to add subtle color all around the Destination Image.
  4. I popped up the second butterfly with dimensional adhesive dots.
  5. I like to decorate the inside of my cards so I added a strip of design paper to pull the theme inside.
TIP: Create a color chart to show what combinations you like. This is especially fun to do with a friend. I did the one below with my stampin' Sister Marge and we had a ball trying different color combinations. We found ones we liked a lot and others that did not work. You can see Marge right here on Sunday's sharing her creative stamp art!

Click to see it bigger!

I left room for more colors. One can never have too many stamps or too many colors! :o)

-------------------------
Announcing last weeks Giveaway winner!! Congratulations, Cindy!
CLM-cindylu2usaid...
This is such a sweet stamp set, love it!!


Cindy, please email your snail mail address to: bindy@crafterscompanion.com.
----------------------------

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

7 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

Love it Trena-your cards are always beautifully done!
PH

Carolyn L. said...

This is so pretty!

Marge said...

I love the subtle color gradations in this card. Lovely and serene.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

LOVE the colors you used on this beauty!
How nice of you to share the chart- the combos are great

Kathy said...

Wonderful Journal.great colors

Stacy H-W said...

Trena this is so pretty!! I really think we need a downloadable PDF of your color blending chart!!

Michelle H. said...

Congrats to the winner!!