Tuesday, January 17, 2012

You + Me = Love

Hello there everyone.  Stacy here! How is the new year treating you so far?  Are you getting back into the swing of things?  I am finding more time to scrap now that the holidays are over.  But are they really over?  Isn't there a holiday fast approaching? Yes, you got it.....Valentines Day.  There are so many gorgeous Valentines themed paper lines that are out there and I have been itching to play with them!! LOL

With all of the fun new stamp sets that have been coming out I have never really gotten the chance to use the Winter S.W.A.L.K. sets enough.  These are the perfect sets to own because they are winter themed so that you can use them over and over for months to come.  And the images are gorgeous and fun to color. 

I decided to color the S.W.A.L.K. Winter - LOVE YOU stamp set with my Spectrum Noir markers.  Those two kids are just so super adorable.  Since I was making a Valentines Day card I tried to keep my color palette in reds, pinks and greys to match the papers I chose to use.  I fussy cut the colored images out and then used double-sided adhesive foam circles to adhere them because I wanted to give the card a bit more dimension.  I did the same thing with the sticker I used for my sentiment. 

I was lucky enough to get this gorgeous hearts punch set for Christmas from my mother.  Yes, she spoiled me!! LOL  Isn't that punched hearts edge just the prettiest thing??  

I added some sweet pink heart brads and a little glitter from my stash.  I think it turned out cute.  What do you think? Aren't you dying to go buy that gorgeous stamp set now!?   You can get it in the Crafter's Companion Store right now! 

I hope now you are inspired to go join in our January "Anything Goes" Challenge over on our sister site, the Crafter's Companion USA Challenge Blog.  We would love to see your projects over there!!  Until next time....happy scrapping!  Stacy

7 comments:

Kathy said...

This is adorable.Your coloring and blending are excellent.Great job.

Paula Huiras said...

Really cute. Great coloring too. I love the
glitter on the coat and hat tassel. The heart border punch/die really adds to the card.
PH

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Amazing coloring!! I certainly would use this set over and over again but I sure hope winter doesn't lost for months! love what you did with your card!

Marge said...

Adorable!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Yes this is cute as can be!

JennyKozar said...

This is adorable.

Trena in Naperville said...

Stacy, this card is so precious!! Love your coloring and layout!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!