Sunday, February 26, 2012

Anthony & Burt Love Chocolate

Hi! Marge here. Anthony and Burt love chocolate -- and so do I!  Don't you just love this cute image from the new Anthony and Burt collection, "Never Too Much Chocolate"?


I decided to keep my card today flat and easily mailable, because I like to have some cards on hand that I can mail by dropping it into the mailbox, without having to stand in line at the post office to get it hand canceled. Are you the same way?

I started by stamping the image and greeting in black ink, onto white card stock.

Then I colored it with the Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers.  Here's the Spectrum Noir marker colors that I used.  Love the richness of the colors!

Next, I layered the main image onto a scalloped frame in mossy green, and the greeting onto scalloped red.  Then, the hunt was on for background paper.  Look what I found in my stash -- it is called "Espresso" and the rings are meant to be coffee.  But I decided they looked like chocolate swirls, and the artist's vision always wins ;-).  I'll let you in on a secret - this was free artist's paper from the middle of a paper studio magazine.

I then layered it all onto a mossy green base and the card was finished.  Oh, I did add some glitter glue to the wings. Sometimes, with a busy image and rich colors, you really don't need to load up with embellishments.

That's all for today.  I hope you're enjoying your Sunday...and I'll see you back here next week!

Marge Dady

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Cute card, your coloring and blending are excellent.

MILA25 said...

A nice card. I love chocolate.
Hugs from Poland Mili

Paula Huiras said...

Cute card-it looks like there is a chocolate wrapper behind the image. I like your layers behind the greeting and image.
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is cute as can be-your coloring is wonderful also

Trena in Naperville said...

Lovely job color Marge!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

shohanali ali said...

OMG Piano & Udemy Course
The OMG Piano course is unlike anything you’ve ever seen. I’ve condensed years of piano training into a step-by-step system that shows you exactly how to start playing, by ear, your favorite songs on the piano in a matter of days. This course, gives you the skills to sound like a polished piano player without having to spend years studying the piano.
Go To here for more info:>> http://omgpiano.com/ & https://www.udemy.com/learn-to-play-the-piano-using-pop-rb-and-gospel-chords/