Monday, February 13, 2012

Fuchsia for Friendship

Hi all! Jen (JLJ Designs) here with a new project featuring the new Paint Fusion stamps. Last week, I played with the Paint Fusion technique and had so much fun. This week, I wanted to show the versatility of these stamps and play with my Spectrum Noir markers. For my card, I stamped the images on my card stock. I layered the fuchsia and leaf with a background and sentiment from the Kanji stamp line.

I used digi papers from a digital scrapbook kit to create the background that I wanted. Then I ran the stamped images through my printer aligning my digi paper layout with the location of the stamps. I used the same masking technique with sticky notes that I used to layer the stamps themselves.


Spectrum Noir Recipe
Leaf: DG3, JG6
Purple Petals: LV1, LV2, LV3
Pink Petals: PP3, PP5, DR3

Since I'm still learning the Spectrum Noir system, I watched the instructional video, particularly the section on coloring flowers. I used the sheet that comes with the Paint Fusion stamps to guide my color choices

Here are the products I used for this project:





Happy Crafting!
Jen

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful!!! I love the 2 sets of stamps you put together. Great coloring.

Paula Huiras said...

Great idea with the mixing stamp sets together.
They fit together great!
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Love the mixing of the stamps-beautiful colors

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

love that you used 2 different stamp set to create a project that is uniquely yours! BEAUTIFUL card!

Trena in Naperville said...

This is so pretty Jen! I dig all how all the colors come together and the fuchsia just pops! Lovely job of coloring.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!