Friday, February 10, 2012

Fun with mist

Good morning everyone,

It's Friday and it's my turn (Steph) at the blog post. I'm sharing with you Sheena Douglas's newest release Paint Fusion set of stamps.


If you have never seen Sheena's Youtube videos on how she paints her flowers, you need to see how talented this lady is!

Unlike some of my team mates you have seen this week, I have no courage to try to recreating her painting masterpieces. *Whimp* - actually I did try and it came out as blobs of purple mess. So I stamped my flowers and leaves and sprayed painted them with a variety of glimmer mists instead. I did paint the background with gold acrylic paint - imagining the coarse brush strokes might add a contrast to the smooth shimmer of the spray. The flower stems were Flower Soft wires that I colored with Spectrum Noir markers (JG65).

If you do venture into the realm of painting a Sheena Douglass stamp, do share your work with us on our facebook page. I would love to see it!

Have an inky kinda day!
Steph

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Steph ,you did a beautiful job. Love the shimmer! The gold makes an awesome background...

Paula Huiras said...

Love the shimmer-background too!
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I love the shimmer and your flowers. Great job sweetie

dmbennett said...

Love the shimmer. I may have to invest in some of the glimmer mists.