Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fuschias and Fairies

Hi, it's Marge here again. Today I have an altered clipboard for you, approximately 6 x 9 inches, using new stamps from the Paint Fusion line by Sheena Douglass, and accented with a cute little fairy from the Fairyopolis die-cut decoupage sheets. (Yes, I'm a sucker for a guy in tights.)

My first step was to paint the clipboard white, using fast drying acrylic paint. While it was drying, I stamped the fuschia and leaves in black, and colored them with the Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers. I really appreciate how very affordable these markers are.

Next I cut (and cut, and cut, LOL). Do your cutting while watching Downton Abbey and it will seem less tiresome. I positioned everything without glue first, to get a sense where I would lay the thin tan ribbon for the branch. Then, out came the Modge Podge. I adhered the ribbon, leaves, and fuschia, and in the bottom right, I adhered the large flower and leaves. I sat the fairy in the middle of the bottom flower, giving him an extra leaf as a cushion. I figured he might be stuck there for a while.

Everything then got a cover coat of Modge Podge, and was allowed to dry overnight.

Now for the fun part -- ribbons and bling! Once again -- dive into your ribbon stash; find all those short bits and pieces of pink and purple ribbon and tie them to the top. (Yes, in case you are wondering, I have an amazing endless ribbon stash.) Next, I used crystal glaze as a glue, and embellished with seed beads, rhinestone hearts, and flat-backed pearls. For the metal top, I used strong sticky sheet adhesive and poured on more seed beads and pearls.

Since this isn't a flat clipboard, it would be hard to write on. But you can put heavy duty magnets on the back and put it on your fridge as a note holder.

Hope this inspires you to make your own altered clipboard. See you here next week, and please visit the Crafter's Companion site to see more of the wonderful Sheena Douglass designs.

Marge Dady

7 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh my goodness this is so adorable! Love the cut pieces and fairy!
Such a fun project

Paula Huiras said...

He and the flowers are so cute!
Another "tight" fan!
PH

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful!

Jen

Kathy said...

Your flowers are great! love the fairy. Super job!!!

Stephanie Lee said...

gorgeous!

Trena in Naperville said...

Very lovely Marge! I wouldn't dare cover it up with a note!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Stacy H-W said...

What a brilliant idea Marge to combine Fairyopolis and these gorgeous paint fusion flowers!! A match made in heaven!! I love your clipboard!