Friday, February 17, 2012

My Lilac Heart

Hello peeps,

Happy Friday and it's Friday with Steph again. This week I am posting about Sheena Douglas's gorgeous Paint Fusion flowers again. Nope - I haven't mastered painting yet but I decided to do some "creative maneuvering" with my image and created a heart from her flower stamps instead. For me, that's the fun part in card making - you don't have to create a flower just because it's a flower stamp.

Here it is:

These were her small lilac stamps which I stamped and digitally flipped 1 over to create 2 lilac bushes facing each other like a heart (with rubber stamps, you could stamp, scan and flip digitally). I "tied" the 2 hearts together with a little ribbon from my stash - the sentiments that came to mind for me as I was "tying" the hearts together was "you and me", "2 hearts as one"; "we're joined together" - you get the point but I had none of those sentiment stamps. So I just wrote my sentiment out and added an Authentique Paper "&" sticker to create a contrast.

My image was colored with Spectrum Noir marker this time (DR1, DR3, DG3, DG4). I also added some Flower Soft to the image to add some texture and dimension. Patterned papers are from Crate Paper and wooden frame is from Kaiser Craft.

Here's hoping for a fun and creative day for you!

Steph

3 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

Neat idea and it turned out well. I like your little sentiment.
PH

Marge said...

What a sweet and creative way to use the lilac image!

Kathy said...

Stef, this is so creative!!I love the idea! This will be so great for Mother's Day cards...
You are a wonderful artist. The coloring is awesome!! Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into this beautiful project!!