Monday, February 6, 2012

Paint Fusion Box

Hi all! Jen (JLJ Designs) back with a new project. When I first saw the new Paint Fusion stamps, I wondered to myself, now what do I do with this? The CC design teamies pointed me in the direction of YouTube and when I saw this amazing Pansy Tutorial by Sheena Douglass, I had to give painting a try. Lucky me, I had acrylic paints and the right sized brush in my paint box. I mixed the paints, just like she shows in the video, on a plain ceramic tile I had left over from a Christmas project. I chose purple, pink, and yellowish-cream paints. I really like the purple and cream together - I think that's my favorite color combo.


After I painted all the flowers and leaves, I cut them all out (I used a heavy weight cardstock to paint on). I made a box using my Boxer board, where my original paper size was 8" square making a box with finished size of 4" square. I layered light pink tulle over the lid of the box and then glued my flowers down. The tulle added dimension to the flower layers and a romantic feel.

I hope you'll try out the Paint Fusion painting technique. I had so much fun!

Happy Crafting!
Jen

4 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

Way to go!
PH

Kathy said...

Beautiful card Jen.The colors are stunning.Love your painting skills. Great job!!

Cathy said...

very pretty.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

How fun to use these on a box