Good morning Crafters! Tracy here today to share with you another creations made using Sheena Douglass's Paint Fusion. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to create with this at first, I had so many ideas. I finally decided on creating a frame and adding some flower embellishments to the frame.
This is just one of those cheap, $1 frames that you get at your local big box craft stores. I painted it with a cream colored acrylic paint and I just wasn't happy with it. I remember I had picked up some crackle medium awhile back ago so I thought I would give it a go. It's a 2 step process. First you add on the Step 1 medium. You put a thin coat on and let it dry for about 10-15 mins. It will be VERY tacky to the touch. After that you add the Step 2 medium. You give it a fairly thick coating. I guess the thickness will depend on the crackle effect you get. I haven't played with it enough to see how that varies, just yet. You let it all dry overnight. Once it was dry I rubbed some distress inks into the cracks to give it more of an aged look. My final step for the frame was to spray it with fixative.
Now on to the flowers!!! Thats what we are here for, right? Sheena has some amazing flowers available and I love how versatile they are. You can stamp them anywhere. No more "drawing" the flower or creating the flower from memory or on your own! This is pretty cool stuff!!
I stamped my flowers onto regular cardstock. You can use good heavy cardstock or just cheap cardstock (which is what I used!!) I then got out my flat brush and paints. I loaded one corner of the brush with purple and the other corner with yellow. Next you brush onto your palette so that the colors blend where they meet, but they don't fully mix. Make sense?
I then put my brush down on the petal and wiggle may way around. I repeated that on each petal. The flower that I used is actually the ROSE, but I altered it and made a pansy out of it.
I did the same thing for the leaves. I used green and yellow to load my brush and wiggled my way around the leaf. I then went back in with a small brush and added the main vein in.
I then cut all of the out from my paper (once dry, of course) and placed them onto my frame before I glued them down. I then used some scrapdots (by Helmar) to add some dimensions to the flowers and a strong glue to adhere them to the wood. I didn't want the flowers flat against the frame. I wanted some fo the leaves to be lifted off the frame to give it a 3D effect.