Thursday, February 9, 2012

Paint Fusion Fuchsia Card

Hello friends!

This week, I'm bringing you another card. I was pleased with the way it turned out.

I used the Crafter's Companion Paint Fusion fuchsia stamp images. Instead of using paints, I'm showing them colored with the Crafter's Companion Spectrum Noir pens. After I colored them, I cut them out closely to the image's edge.

Next, I went to my trusty computer. I found a definition for "fuchsia" and copied it into my word processing document. I formatted the definition to be approximately 4 1/2" x 5 1/2". I changed the font type in many places. I also changed the font sizes for each font type. I printed it out on plain white paper a couple times before I was happy with the layout. I changed the font color to a medium gray. Then, I used a piece of peach, text-weight pearlescent paper from the Crafter's Companion Mixed Card & Paper Pack - Pastels. I placed it in my printer and printed my definition on it. Immediately when it came out of the printer, I sprinkled it with clear embossing powder. I melted the embossing powder with my heat tool.

After the melting, I cut the definition to 3 3/4" x 5". I centered it on a piece of purple pearlescent card stock. The purple card stock was from the Pearlescent Mixed Card & Paper pack - Brights. I attached it with Crafter's Companion Extra Strong Permanent Tape Runner. I took the colored fuchsia pieces and attached them on top of the definition page with double-sided adhesive foam. The final touch was some Stickles Glitter Glue on the ends of the stamens.

Here is a close-up of the fuchsia images colored with the Spectrum Noir pens.



I hope you like it!!

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Very elegant! Thank you for the tutorial on how to emboss from the printer.

Paula Huiras said...

Love the background-what a neat idea.
PH

Stacy H-W said...

Great job girl! I like how you used the definition of the plant for the background paper!! Very creative!!!