Thursday, February 16, 2012

Paint Fusion Lilac Card

I've made another general purpose card this week.  I used the Crafter's Companion Paint Fusion Lilac images.  They helped me make a happy card.  A card that makes me ready for spring to be here right now.




The base of the card is a 5 1/2" square of black card stock with the fold at the top.  I ran a piece of 5 1/2" square lilac card stock through an embosser for some texture on the card.  I punched the corners to let the black of the card show through. 

While at the machine, I also used a die to cut the fancy circle.  I attached the lilac card stock to the front of the card with Crafter's Companion Extra Strong Permanent Tape.  I then attached the die cut circle with the same tape.

I used the small lilac stamp twice.  I stamped one lilac image in the foreground. Using a simple masking technique, I stamped another lilac to look like it was behind the first one. ( If you search "rubber stamp masking tutorial", you will find several sites that offer help on the subject.)  I then stamped the image of the leaf to the left of the first lilac.  I wanted it to look like it was peeking from behind the flowers also.

I colored the image with Spectrum Noir pens.  I sort of  followed the way Sheena Douglass colors her images with paint.  First, I put dots of TB5 in the shadow spaces of the lilacs.  Then I added dots of TB9 on top of the TB5 dots.  I ended up putting in some dots of IG4 with the other dots.  I left the tops of the flowers a little lighter than the bottom of the flower images.  I ended up putting in just a few dots of TB5 in toward the bottom of the flower images.

For the blooms, I used LV1 first. Then I added the PL1. Next on the blooms, I put PL2. And last, I went back with the LV1 to cover up any white spots I'd left. You can see the progression in the photos below.












For the leaves, I used the CG1 along the veins of the leaf. Then I added the DG2. On top of those colors, I put the DG3 color. I've shown snippets of the leaf coloring below.










After I got the image colored, I cut it out closely to the edge - leaving a little white showing. I attached it to the die cut circle with double-sided adhesive foam.

The finishing touch was the bow.  The bow was made with the Ultimate Crafter's Companion Tool.  This tool really does so much.  You really need to check it out.  I LOVE it!!

Until next time, I am ever searching for inspiration.

Lisa

6 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This turned out wonderful! Love the close ups of your design and coloring

Marge said...

Love the contrast of the lilacs with the black. Very pretty card!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card Lisa, love the colors and the tutorial. Great job.

Stacy H-W said...

great card lisa!!

Paula Huiras said...

Really good instructions and pretty card.
PH

Michelle H. said...

Very pretty!!