Trena here today - having a party with Anthony & Burt and Spectrum Noir Markers.
It does not matter if it's a celebration for a birthday, a graduation, a promotion, or a 'just because' party, Anthony and Burt are ready! I can image they are ones who are the last to leave. The host would have put away the food and beverages, turn off the music, and almost push them out the door before they would go home. :o)
To provide them a place to party, I hand drew a lily pad with a multiliner that works with alcohol ink markers and then colored it in with CG2, DG3 and JG6. I did not blend the lines completely because I wanted to leave some leaf veins in like on a real lily pad. I googled clip art lily pad to see what they look like up close.
Here's what I did to make this little party scene:
- Stamped Anthony and Burt image onto Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers. I recommend Memento with alcohol based markers.
- Stamped the image again onto design paper. Also stamped the sentiment.
- I colored Anthony and Burt on the white card stock using my Spectrum Noir markers. I used two or three markers in an area to color and blend. For tips on using Spectrum Noir markers, you can visit Youtube, or get Leann's DVD. Leann gives great demonstrations and tips on using the markers to blend and get lovely results. The DVD is packed with information. I like that I can rewind. :o)
- I then cut out all the pieces. Since I had stamped the image on my
design paper, I only cut out the main pieces, i.e. I did not cut out all
the confetti and Anthony's antennae.
- Adhered the layers, and all the pieces to design paper and added some Stickles star dust glitter glue to Anthony's wings.
- I carried the theme forward on the inside of the card with a small piece of design paper.
Announcing last weeks Giveaway winner!! Congratulations, Jennifer!
Jennifer, please email your snail mail address to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!