Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Rainy Day Friends




 Hi everyone! Dawn L here and today I have another sneak peek from Anthony and Burt-I created a wiper card today.
I knew I had to get out my Ultimate Crafter's tool to score and trim this design.
Let me share a few steps with you.
 I started by cutting a 12 x 12 piece of paper in half ,each piece was scored at 2 1/4 ' and 4 1/4'. I chose to mat with designer paper,I cut two pieces at 2' and one piece at 7'
 The wiper is cut at 2 x 4 and scored at the 2' mark at the top corner was folded down at a diagonal.Wanted to share that I placed a strong adhesive on the back just on the top half to attach to the card base
I chose to stamp my images and color with my spectrum noir markers.Each of the sentiments in the set were stamped and matted. I used a few shapes to mat my image and sentiment with and a little ribbon.The second side of the original paper was matted on the back to give stability and to hide the wiper attachment.

I chose to enlarge the fuzzy guy with the umbrella and attach him on the wiper.
Wanted to share a close up of my cutie in all his green glory!-Can you see I added 3D Crystal Lacquer.
 One last picture with the wiper folded down and ready to put in an envelope.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Dawn, this is wonderful! What a great card. I love the polka dots. Great tutorial...

Paula Huiras said...

Great card-love that background too!
PH

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Dawn this is gorgeous. Beautiful layout and composition. The background is very nice. Love the fuzzy guy with embrella.
Lovely greet
Marja

Stacy H-W said...

Wow! Cool card! I've never seen this kind before. I will have to try it. Turned out awesome!

Emily @SweetlyScrapped said...

Oh my gosh! this is so adorable!!! I love the little bug!

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

what an interesting card! must be so fun to receive such a cute card!