Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rose of Love Card

Hello! Samantha here. Happy February!! Today I am bringing you a new Stamp It project that would be perfect for a Valentine's Day gift.  I used this gorgeous Rose Clock stamp from the Stamp It line from Crafter's Companion.

I was drawn to this image for its soft vintage style. I love anything with flowers, and these roses are absolutely gorgeous. I love how realistic they look. Since the image has a vintage feel to it, I decided to go with rich browns & distressed edges for my project.
For my project, I colored my image with alcohol markers, and then distressed the white paper with some distressing ink.

I matted the stamped image onto some brown damask patterned paper. My card base is some dark chocolate cardstock,  then attached some scripty patterned paper to it after I tied a bow using some satin ribbon.



Well that's all for today! Be sure to check back tomorrow for even more Stamp It goodness from the design team!




 
Scrapmaster's Paradise

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful Sami!!Your coloring is amazing...

Paula Huiras said...

It is really beautiful. Love the rich brown and then the vibrant rose.
PH

kimmisu said...

Beautiful card!!!
Kim

Carolyn L. said...

Really pretty and I love brown!

Tammy Ortiz said...

I love vintage as well!
Awesome job thank you for sharing!
Hugs Tammy

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I just love the vintage look to this beauty!

Trena in Naperville said...

This is beautiful Samantha! The rose just pops off the page against the brown.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Jennie Lin Black said...

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! breathtakingly beautiful! should I keep going? one of my favorite images ever.. and you totally rocked it... thanks for sharing a wonderful piece! Hugs! Jennie Black

Anonymous said...

nice opinion.. thanks for sharing...