Saturday, February 25, 2012

Smile! Anthony and Burt

Good morning! Tracy here bringing you another design by the newest stamp line, Anthony and Burt, now available at Crafter's Companion!!!  Today I used "Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella" to create an easy treat box.


I have created so many of these simple little boxes lately. They are perfect to pop a gift card in, chocolate or a small gift.

You start with a 9" x 11.5" piece of cardstock and score it at 2.75", 5.5", 8.25" and 11" on the long side, turn it and score at 1", 2.5" and 7" on the shorter side. Cut your flaps out and assemble. 

I used alcohol inks to color up my image. Added some stardust stickles to the wings for some nice shimmer. It's hard to see in the photo, as it got washed out by the flash of my camaera, but I outlined my image with a light and medium gray for added depth and to illustrate rainy weather.  I then added a nice dose of glass effects on the raindrops and the ground to create the illusion of water.

Thanks for looking today and be sure to check out the shop for the release of Anthony and Burt.

Hugs,

7 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

Really cute-love the image and the polka dots.
PH

Kathy said...

Hi Tracy, I love this project!! The stamp is adorable on the milk carton. Thank you for the directions how to make it, that's a keeper. Great job.

JLJ Designs said...

Super cute box! I love the fun colors.

Jen

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh my word this is so adorable! Your coloring is wonderful.Such fun papers

Rufus said...

What a fun image!! Looks great on your box
R/

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

super cute!! love your coloring!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so cute!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com