Monday, February 13, 2012

Smile Umbrella Boy Card

Hi everyone! Samantha here! This week, we are going to start sharing some new sneak peeks with you! Our sneaky peeks are of a new line of stamps at Crafter's Companion, featuring Anthony and Burt.  We will also be sharing some projects from our latest release of Paint Fusion stamps. Stick with us because we have a bunch of great project to get you inspired this week!

These two little guys are just super cute!! I just loved this image and having a bug and a frog, I immediately thought BOY CARDS. Of course, these images could be used for both genders.  Here is my card featuring this cute Anthony & Burt image and sentiment:

I decided to use blue and orange as my main colors, and then have just a splash of purple and green.  Here is my simple and easy color design theory trick. . . generally I use 3 main colors on a project: a lot of one color, a little less of a second color, and then just a splash of that third color (and tinier splashes of any other colors used).  Having the color distributed in that pattern is pleasing to the eye.

So for example, I used a bunch of blue on my project, then I used some orange. Then I added just a splash of green, and a teeny tiny splash of purple and yellow.
 To create my card, I colored my image with alcohol markers, and inked around the edges of the white cardstock with some blue ink. My image is matted on some orange cardstock. I had already stamped my sentiment onto white cardstock & cut around it how I wanted it, so I just inked up the white cardstock with orange ink to match.

Then I added some striped patterned paper and some orange and blue pieces of twine. I added this big orange button to give my card a little dimension.

This huge button was all wiggly, so I secured it in place with a piece of dimensional adhesive :)

That's all for today. Have a wonderful day!



 
Scrapmaster's Paradise

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh My Gosh, Sami, that is adorable!!!I just love that purple fly. Great coloring and blending.

Paula Huiras said...

Really cute! Love the button and your background paper. It just all came together really nice.
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Love your coloring and color choices, this is cute as can be!

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

super cute! love your colors and coloring