Monday, February 20, 2012

Spectrum Noir Journal

Hi all! Jen (JLJ Designs) here. I've been playing with the new Anthony and Burt images and my Spectrum Noir markers. I'm going to start today with my card and then back-up to the new Spectrum Noir journal that I've created.

I love this stamp and the sentiment is so sweet. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers. The card is 4 1/4" wide x 5 1/2" tall. I trimmed all the corners of my paper to give a softer look. I added glitter all around the image and sentiment to make it stand out.


I've been playing with the Spectrum Noir markers. I wanted to practice coloring and also have some place to keep all the color families that came with the markers. I started with a store-bought journal that's 5" by 5 1/2" images - perfect for most Crafter's Companion stamps. I cut out the Spectrum Noir logo from the packaging and added it to the front.


I cut out each of the color families that comes on the marker packaging and glued them inside the front and back covers. I had a few extra and had to use the last page as well. This way I have them when I want to color.


I colored the image on my card twice. The first image was for practice and I taped it into my new journal. I added the colors that I used along the sides so I can refer back to them later.


I couldn't resist so I added my favorite Strawberry Kisses stamp - Together. I love yellow and turquoise together. I used this yellow set in both of my images because I love the color and it's really easy to blend.


Happy Crafting!
Jen

9 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Great idea! And that card is fab!!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Wow what a great idea and so organized.
Thanks for sharing and your adorable card

Georgiegirl2012 said...

I love this idea - And if you happen to have other pens as well (or instead of) it could easily be adapted to accomdate them) Thanks for sharing

Paula Huiras said...

Good idea-love it. And, the card is sooo nice too!
PH

Marge said...

Love the journal idea!

Kathy said...

Great idea!Love the card, all the bright colors, and rain. Makes me think of spring.
Great job.

Carol said...

Cute!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(Dot)com

marie said...

I love this idea! I got the entire set and think this is brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

Michelle H. said...

OMG!! Gorgeous coloring!!
Love those stamps!!