Saturday, February 4, 2012

Stamp It Journal Page - MMA

Hey Crafter's!  Tracy here today to share with you a page from my Mixed Media Journal!  I just recently started playing around with mixed media, but I find it to be so enjoyable. Nothing is right or wrong and you can just layer and play until your heart is content. When I saw the next release for Crafter's Companion I knew that the Stamp It stamps would be perfect for this!

My journal page is 7x10. I stamped the images onto plain copy paper. I wanted it to  be thin so that I could tear it and really press it into the page. I then added some gesso all over my page. I found some designer paper that I liked and mod podged it down onto the page. From there I started spritzing different glitter sprays and adding some color with some color washes.

I then tore my images and distressed them. I applied a thin coat of mod podge and used a brayer to really push it into the page.

I also added some texture using some texture magic and punchanella. In the photo below I added some glitter to the butterfly and around the edges of the paper using some Glam.

Once I added all my images I wanted to use I hand wrote a travel quote that I liked. I picked a travel quote because it goes well with the stamps, and I LOVE TO TRAVEL!   I also go back and add in little swirls and random stamps around the page.

Here is the final project. I hope you enjoyed it and are eager for the Stamp It line to come out! Today I used the following images:

Destination
Journey
Eifel Tower

Hugs,
Tracy Valure

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Tracy, this is awesome!!! Wonderful colors.The mixed media is stunning... Great job...

Paula Huiras said...

What an expression!
PH

Marge said...

I love the creativity you put into this. Bet you had fun doing it!

Trena in Naperville said...

Tracy, this turned out great! I love you mixed mediums - the results is very pretty.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Stacy H-W said...

Super cool Tracy!!

thescrapmaster said...

Tracy, I just lllurrve how this turned out!! Way awesome girl!!

thescrapmaster said...

Tracy, I just lllurrve how this turned out!! Way awesome girl!!