Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Stamp It Traveller

Hello everyone!!  Shhhhhhh!  Don't tell anyone but I am going to show you a sneak peak at one of our newest upcoming Stamp It stamp lines!!!  I snuck into the vault and stole this gorgeous Hummingbird stamp set.  It has a lovely quotation from Moslih Eddin Saadi which says, "A traveller without observation is a bird without wings.   So true and so gorgeous!

I tend to always stamp in either Tuxedo Black or Rich Cocoa Memento ink but this time I decided to step out of my comfort zone and go a bit crazy.  I stamped out the image in purple (Grape Jelly Memento) to add a bit of punch and to coordinate with the wonderful pattern paper I used.  I love how such a small change can make such a huge difference!!  I added an embellie that I felt went well and some clear bling from my stash that I colored with my alcohol ink markers to customize.  I also added a bit of Crystal Stickles to the tail feathers of the hummingbird.  It just seemed to make it feel a bit more magical.  To finish up I did this fun ribbon treatment.

I have been playing with my new We R Memory Keepers Sew Ribbon -Zig Zag punch.  This is such a cool new tool.  I really have been having a blast with it.
(this is the Scallop Punch Set)
It comes with plastic punch guides, one for each side of the paper.  These are magnetic so they attach easily to each other and stay in place while you take the punch tool and insert it into each slot.
  
You punch down until you hear the punch go through the paper. 
Next you take out a "needle" which is a folded piece of plastic with adhesive on the inside.  You put your ribbon on the inside and press the plastic until it sticks to the ribbon. 
Then you just "sew" through the slots you have punched.  It goes really fast. 
I bet you will be seeing it on several of my upcoming projects!! LOL 

Cool right?!  This card came together super quickly and was wicked fun to make.  I hope you enjoyed seeing it and are inspired to go be creative yourself!!  Remember that the February Something Sweet challenge over on the Crafter's Companion USA Challenge Blog ends tomorrow.  We would love to see your project entered!!  There is a wonderful prize that I am sure you would love to win!

Until next time...happy scrapping.   Stacy

10 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

Really cool and you make it look so easy! Love the colors too.
PH

Trena in Naperville said...

Glad you didn't get caught Stacy so you could share your lovely card! :o) Great directions. Thank you!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card Stacy!! Thank you for showing us how to use those punch sets, I have some, I think I will give it a shot now... super job.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

It is wicked beautiful!!!Love those sew pieces and happy to see tour sneak peek

thescrapmaster said...

Awesome project Stacy!! Great tutorial!

madebyKarla said...

Wow! That bird is just amazing :) My mom is a big fan of hummingbirds. Thanks for the look at the sew ribbon!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Bhawana said...

new punch and outcome is awesome... Lovely.

UnikeByYes said...

What a pretty card Stacy, love the ink and paper colors. I have been drooling over the ribbon tools for a while now, every time I see how you use them I feel the impulse to buy them all! ;) Thank you for sharing your creations with us.
Have a lovely day!
Liz

Sakib Hasan said...

This blog site is pretty good! How was it made . I view something genuinely interesting about your site so I saved to my bookmarks . You can visit my site.
usa stamps