Saturday, February 4, 2012

Thinking of You Collage

Hello, it's Saturday February 4th and it's Paula here. Today's card is using some really neat new stamps called Stamp It-Australia. You can find them along with other stamp sets and products at the Crafter's Companion site. I really like the looks of these new stamps. Right away I knew I would use them in a collage type way. The "Thinking of You" is from another set called Fairyopolis Winter Set  and lends itself to the card. It's fun to mix and match stamp sets.





To make this card I used white cardstock and stamped all images using brown dye ink. I cut out or trimmed all of the images.  I took a  piece of 3 1/2 by 4 3/4 white cardstock and scored it using the Crafter" s Companion Ultimate Tool. I laid my cardstock half way in between a groove and  wrong side up and scored. I then did the same thing to each side.  It adds a little interest to the cardstock. I did the same thing to the folded white cardstock base and then added more grooves at random.

A page from an old book was then layered with a glue stick to the white card. I then added each image as shown using mounting tape and double sided tape. I added a metallic photo corner to the upper left side and a metallic tag and brad to the Eiffel Sketch. A paper flower with a brad  and twine was added to Time in Paris. And, two neat little paper clips were added to Compass.

Finally the Thinking of you was mounted to the bottom of the card at a slant. All of this was mounted to brown cardstock and then a larger rust cardstock and then to the folded white base card.

Hope you enjoyed this as much as me. Come back next Saturday, and don't forget to check out all of the other designs made by this fabulous design team everyday. Be sure to check out the $100.00 give away on my blog! You can find all the information by scrolling down past last weeks card.

Paula Huiras

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Paula, you have out done yourself girl! This is beautiful. I love the layering, and your directions are wonderful. Excellent job!!!

Marge said...

Very nice -- would love to get this in the mail!

Trena in Naperville said...

Great card Paula! The whole layout just comes together perfectly.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Stacy H-W said...

Beautiful card Paula!! I love the layers and the sweet embellies you used.

thescrapmaster said...

oh my gosh, I love all your layering!!