Tuesday, February 21, 2012

You Can Never Have TOO Much Chocolate!

Hello everyone!!!  It's Stacy here today with another sneak peak at our newest  Anthony and Burt stamp sets.  When I first saw these stamps I knew I wanted to work with the stamp that has Burt eating a ton of chocolate because really who doesn't love chocolate?!?!  LOL
 


I decided that I needed to make an Easel card.  I love to make Easel cards.  They just seem to take the card to the next level and are really easy to make.  And just in case you don't already know how to do it I am going to tell you how to make one here today.

1.  Start with a 12x12 piece of card stock (or pattern paper).

2.  Next cut it in half.  This will give you two pieces of paper 6"x12". 

3.  Cut one of the 6"x12" pieces of paper in half.  This will give you two pieces of paper 6"x6". 

4.  Next you take your 6"x12" piece of paper and fold it in half.  I smoothed the fold with my bone folder.  This usually gives you a more professional fold.

5.  Open the card and fold inward from the top to the middle.  Go over the fold with your bone folder.

6.  Put adhesive on bottom part of this newly folded part of the paper.  Take one of your 6"x6" pieces of paper and adhere the bottom of it to the adhesive.


There you go.  Easy enough right?!  It is always good to be able to add a fancy fold card to your repertoire. 

For my easel card I started by making the base card just like I showed you.  I stamped out the image and colored them with my alcohol ink markers.  I added some Stickles for sparkle and dimension.

I pulled out my new Sew Ribbon -Scallop and punched in the slots for the ribbon and then threaded the ribbon through.  I LOVE IT!!  It is super easy and looks so cool.  After getting the ribbon threaded on my paper I wanted to layer several pieces of pattern paper.  I only bought myself a 6"x 6" paper pad in this gorgeous paper and was trying to be frugal with the paper.  So I cut out the insides of the squares I was layering so that I was using only the bit that was showing and a little bit under.  Like this: (I used the top one)
This is a great way to get the most mileage out of your paper.  And it is really easy to do.  My trimmer has measurements along the top and side.  I just decided how much of the middle I wanted to take out and then lined up the paper at that cutting measurement along the top and started cutting at that the same measurement on the side.  And did this all the way around the square.  It doesn't have to be perfect because the cut bit will be under another piece of paper. 

After layering all my paper I added some pearls that I colored with my alcohol ink markers to customize the color.  And then I used some dimensional foam to raise the sentiment up off the paper.  And there you go, it's all done.


I hope you have enjoyed your visit here today and we hope to see your projects soon over on our sister blog, Crafter's Companion USA Challenge Blog.  This month our challenge is to make a project with a Crafter's Companion stamp and the theme "something sweet".  There is a great prize being given away this month so go get busy scrapping!!  ha   Until next time....happy scrapping.

5 comments:

Auntie Em said...

He's so right! You can never have tooooooo much chocolate! Brilliant little froggy.
Great card and your tutorial is so easy to follow. I have no excuse now for not trying an easel card.
Thank you for sharing! :)

Paula Huiras said...

Love the easel card-gotta try it!
PH

Kathy said...

I love this stamp!! And it is so true, lol.
Love the coloring, and the bird paper.
Thank you for the tutorial for the easle card.
Excellent job...

Dawn's Craft Place said...

There is never enough chocolate...lol
How cute and great tutorial

Michelle H. said...

Beautiful card!!
Love the tutorial!!
TFS!!