Saturday, March 31, 2012

Art Kure - Bearded Iris

Good morning, Tracy here today.  I hope you all are enjoying the latest release by Art Kure. How perfect for all these beautiful flower stamps to be coming your way just in time for spring!  Today I would like to share with you a Sympathy card I made using the large Bearded Iris


I used my Spectrum Noirs. I have been trying to keep track of the colors that I have used so that you get a good feel for what colors can blend well together. I hope it helps!  Remember to print your chart and fill it in with the colors you have!!!  (look on the right sidebar for the chart)

The yellow in the flower was done with CT1, CT2, GB5 and GB8.  GB5 and 8 are the darker shadowing towards the center of the flower. I then added some more yellow to the centers only of the purple leaves.  The purple leaves are PL1, PL3 and PL4. I used my CT1 to blend the yellow into the purple some so the transition was smooth rather than having harsh lines. The leaves were done with DG2 and DG3.  I then used BT2 and BT1 to outline the image so that it would give it a little added depth.

Thank you for looking today and be sure to come by the Crafter's Companion store and check out the Spectrum Noir Markers and the new release of Art Kure stamps.

Hugs,

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautful card Tracy, love your coloring.
Very well done!!!

Paula Huiras said...

Your coloring is very well done and it goes with your papers so well.
PH

Kelly Sas said...

Tracy you are amazing along with your card!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

What a beauty!So perfect for a sympathy card design-love the colors so soft

Trena in Naperville said...

Beautiful Tracy!! Love the colors!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Rufus said...

Lovely coloring and super image!
R/