Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Beatrix Potter Cutie

Well have I got a cutie today to share. For my design team assignment this week at Crafter's Companion I get to share a  Beatrix Potter image! These images will be available real soon and here is where you will find them

So this project has two different images-hope you like them.


I decided to make a little hanging plaque that was embellished with a few pieces such as a couple feathers and flowers.. I started by coloring both of my images with my Spectrum Noir markers. Now you know I wouldn't do a project without some fussy cutting.


I actually started with a 3 1/2 x 4 sized embroidery hoop...I have a few of these in my stock to alter.
I outlined the hoop with some soft blue ribbon to match a shade I used in my coloring.

The inside image was cut with a die shape and matted on a circle, I know it is hard to see what the inside image was pop dotted with a little thickness.While the image was in the die cut shape I used ink from my Spectrum Noir marker swiped on an acrylic block and ink dauber and used it to do the background.


Thanks for checking out my project today-hope I inspired you to try other projects with your stamps.



post signature

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh My Lord this is so adorable.I love the hoop idea! The stamps are to cute, wonderful coloring... Great job.

CLM-cindylu2u said...

What a great decoration. The black gives it so much depth and love the little feather, great job!
Cindylu

Paula Huiras said...

It is an adorable Easter decoration. Neat idea.
PH

Caryn S said...

OK cannot WAIT to see Beatrix Potter! My babies' nursery was decorated in BP (which I had to make or were sent me by relatives in the UK, it was VERY hard to find here at the time!) so I look for items that I can scrap their baby books with that are BP related.

Stacy H-W said...

Beautiful!!

UnikeByYes said...

Precious! TFS
Have a great day!
Liz

Trena in Naperville said...

Dawn, This little scene is so sweet! That little popped bunny is a hoot. :o)

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Adorable!