Thursday, March 22, 2012

Beatrix Potter Happy Birthday Card

Hi everyone! Samantha here, sharing another Beatrix Potter project with you today. I just received word that these new Beatrix Potter stamps and supplies are now in stock in the Crafter's Companion store so please click here to see the whole line of Beatrix Potter crafting supplies!

The stamp set I used on my project is called  The Tale of Benjamin Bunny stamp set. The bunny was just so cute munching on some lettuce. The sentiment is also from this stamp set.

I made a neutral dainty looking card. I roughed up all the edges to give my card a shabby chic feel.  I used an edge distresser tool, but you could get the same effect by running the blade of your Xacto knife over the edges of your paper.

I colored my image with very light colors so that it went with the style of my card. I wanted everything to be soft.

To finish off my card, I added an antique brad next to the sentiment.

That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

I like the shabby chic look and it looks well with this card! Love that antique button/brad...
PH

Kathy said...

Love it, very sweet,I agree with Paula the shabby chic look is great...

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I love this clean and distressed look-it is wonderful

Caryn S said...

I am so excited about these craft supplies, I adore Beatrix Potter. Love this card as well! Now off to check the shop!

UnikeByYes said...

Fabulous CAS card, TFS
Have a great day!
Liz