Saturday, March 24, 2012

Beatrix Potter - Wonderful Mother

Hello Crafter's Companion fans!! Tracy here today and I am so excited to show you a piece from the our new release, Beatrix Potter collection!!  I started to make a little piece for Easter with a basket and I suddenly switched to a Mother's Day card.  I loved the big fluffy hat on the bunny and it just reminded me or a tea party or something.



I colored Beatrix Potter using Spectrum Noirs by Crafter's Companion.  If you didn't get a chance to see my brief Tutorial and Tips on our Challenge Blog you can visit HERE to check that out.  I used a similar technique on the bunny. I wanted to get a look of fur so I used short flicking motions with my markers. 


I have mentioned this before, but when I color my images I always like to "ground" them in some way. Either by adding some gray or by adding grass as I have in the above picture. The grass is quite simple to do. I like to use 2-3 shades of green and I start at the bottom and flick up different directions.

Here are the colors that I have used today:


Thanks for looking!!

Hugs,
Tracy Valure

7 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

So cute! Love the dies you used and the flowery background for mom.
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is so adorable-your coloring is so beautiful! and I love that paper you used

CLM-cindylu2u said...

She is my favorite image of this set and you did an amazing job coloring, a beautiful Mothers day card!!
Cindylu

Marge said...

This is a lovely, sweet card. Beautiful work.

Kathy said...

Awww, Tracy this is adorable!! your coloring is amazing. Love all the spring colors. Excellent job!!

Carolyn L. said...

This is so soft and pretty! Great job.

UnikeByYes said...

What a darling bunny! This is gorgeous! TFS
Have a great wknd.
Liz