Saturday, March 17, 2012

Beauty in a snowglobe

Good morning folks,

It's Steph again and bet you thought it was a Friday! Nope - it's Saturday and I'm here covering for Tracy who is out on vacation having fun! I'm having fun in my craftroom too - wouldn't you join me in welcoming the result of that fun.


Sometimes, it's just nice to capture all that snow and beauty in a little snow globe. This timeless beauty I'm speaking off is the Art Kure Goldhill Shaftesbury stamp set, captured in a Memory Box snowglobe die colored with alcohol markers. The "snow" in the globe is from some Flower Soft sprinkles, the globe is embellished with Doodblebug twine. *Tip: I would die cut the colored image 1st before adding the Flower Soft so you're not crushing all the texture when it goes through the die cut machine.*

I matted the snow globe on some patterned paper and adhered it to sage cardstock that has been scored horizontally twice on the top and bottom third. This "relax" sentiment is actually also from a Crafter's Companion, Popcorn the Bear Father's Day set. A clean and simple card that is hopefully serene and relaxing too.

Hope you are having a relaxing weekend.
Steph

5 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

I like your FS for snow. Good background and saying too.
PH

Caryn S said...

Really pretty! Makes me think of all that snow that we didn't get this year!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Love this image in the snow globe such a pretty design

Kathy said...

Pretty card. Love the snow globe.The stamp is beautiful the way you colored it. great Idea!!!

Trena in Naperville said...

Steph, This is a perfect little scene - I love it!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!