Monday, March 19, 2012

Destination for Dad

Hi all!  Jen (JLJ Designs) here with a birthday card for you.  I started with Destination by Sheena Douglass.  I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers.  I used warm gray on the sails - such a perfect sail color.  I used BT for the water getting lighter the farther that I got from the land.


I thought this card would be perfect for my dad's birthday this summer.  My dad loves sailboats and this stamp has a nice, masculine feel.  I added a Flowing Happy Birthday stamp.  I had a discussion during an online crafty chat about whether or not you could use pearls on a masculine card.  We decided not for little boys, but that I might be able to get away with it for my dad's card.  I had these lovely gray-blue pearls which seemed to complete the card.

Happy Crafting!
Jen

6 comments:

CLM-cindylu2u said...

Super card, love how you did the coloring!!
Cindylu

Paula Huiras said...

Love your coloring. What a great card to give to dad.
PH

Kathy said...

Love the card!! beautiful colors. great job...

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Love the pop of color, and such a perfect design

UnikeByYes said...

Jen, this card is perfect for father's day. Love the added color to it.
TFS, have a great day!
Liz

Trena in Naperville said...

Awesome card Jen! I really dig the layout and colors!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!