Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Let the Journey Be Your Destination

Welcome to the Crafter's Companion blog!!  Stacy here to give you a wee little sneak peak at a beautiful new stamp line from Sheena Douglass that we have coming out soon.   This new "Sketchy" set is just full of old world charm. 
For the card I made I chose the Destination Stamp and I stamped it out on white card stock.   I really thought that this stamp lent itself to a more distressed look so out came my Ranger Distress Ink pads in Frayed Burlap and Iced Spruce.  After getting out my trusty 15" x 18" Inkssentials Non-stick Craft Sheet and spreading it out, I inked up the foam on my ink blending tool.  Starting off the paper on the craft sheet I worked in circular motions inking onto the stamped image. 
I'm always looking for scrapping goodies at the dollar store and at thrift stores. These are really wonderful places to find scrap stuff at a low prices and it really causes you to look at things in a different way.  I've found so much cool stuff that I almost hate to share the idea with you!! LOL (jk) I really scored big at my local thrift store the last time I was there.  I found this wonderful book of sheet music for 50 cents! The music pages already had an "aged" look to them but I added a little more along the edges of the sheet I used on this card. 

The ribbon I used was white but since I already had my Distress Ink pads out I used the Iced Spruce and colored the ribbon to match.  All that was left was to add a couple of brads from my stash to the sentiment.  I also used some double sided adhesive foam pads to the back of the sentiment to raise it up and give the card more dimension. 

I hope you are inspired today.  We would love to see your projects on our Challenge blog.  This month our challenge is Going Green.  We are giving the winner (3) packages of our awesome Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink 6 Pen Marker Sets (winners choice of color groupings) and a Spectrum Noir 36 Pen Zipper Bag to store and transport the new markers!  Isn't that a fabulous prize?!  You could make something green, you could recycle something, the ideas are endless.  You are only limited by your imagination. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Until next time...happy scrapping!!

11 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

I think the new stamps scream "old" too. Great ideas.
PH

Marge said...

Lovely card! You can bet I'll be looking for sheet music at the thrift store :-)

Dawn's Craft Place said...

You did such a wonderful job with this image! love the aged look

Kathy said...

Wonderful card!! Thanks for the tip about the dollar stores.
Great job stacy.

madebyKarla said...

Thanks for the tip! I gotta go hunt down some music pages as soon as I have some free time :)
The card is beautiful!

Pat said...

Great card! I too find treasure at my local thrift and dollar stores. Even the clearance racks at Michaels and HobbyLobby sometimes turn up awesome deals. I love going green!!

sharon g said...

I SOOOOO want to try out the pens!!

B. Poteraj said...

Your ship project is cool. Great for a man. I'd really like to have the Spectrum Noir pens because I'm hoping that I like them and can start buying them instead of Copics.

Natasha G.P. said...

I love your shading. That is great ink--I use it, too. Thank you for giving away some of the pens. I hope that I get some.

Rufus said...

Beautiful card!! Will be looking forward to the release, since I'm always looking for things that can be "guy" cards!!
R/

UnikeByYes said...

Wonderful card Stacy! Love the colors and the sentiment.
TFS
Have a great day!
Liz
unikebyyes at yahoo dot com