Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Our China Rose

Hello!!  Stacy here today to share with you a layout I made using the new Art Kure -English Rose stamp set.  These beautiful floral stamps come in two sizes.  I used the smaller stamped image on my project. 

Three years ago this month we adopted our daughter from China.  It always amazes me how fast time has flown after our baby came home and how slow it went while we waited.  We are really just so very lucky to have her in our lives. 

I started by stamping out the image and coloring it with my Spectrum Noir markers.  Then I got out my Ranger Distress ink pads in Vintage Photo and Antique Linen and gently distressed the colored image working in a circular motion. 

I punched out the large circle with my new We R Memory Keepers Lucky 8 punch.  LOVE it!!!  The smaller circle is a doily that my friend, Karla just sent me in a package of happy mail!!  Thank you Karla!!  Don't you just love getting happy mail!! LOL

I inked the edges of all my paper, the doily and the punched circle.  I layered it all adding a piece of lace that I snagged at a thrift shop for pennies and a wooden scroll from my stash.  I wrapped a bit of bakers twine around a piece of my paper before adhering it.  I printed out my photo in black and white.  It seemed a bit stark so I took the Ranger Distress ink in Vintage Photo (apropos right?! lol) and inked it up a bit.

I pulled out a wire floral bouquet from my stash.  After trimming off a few things and shaping it to work for my project I adhered it.  I used one of the leaves that I trimmed off the bouquet and I layered it with my stamped image and a metal lock charm.  The last thing to do was to ink my title letters and attach them to the layout.  Oh I forgot about the rub on that I added to the photo.  It says "Our Blessing".

I am happy with my final project and when I showed it to my husband he got all emotional seeing the photo and remembering the moment. 

Thanks for stopping by and looking.  Remember that you still have a little time left to join in on our Going Green Challenge on the Crafter's Companion USA Challenge Blog.  Challenge ends March 31st.   The prize is (3) packages of our awesome Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink 6 Pen Marker Sets (your choice of color groupings) and a (1) Spectrum Noir 36 Pen Zipper Bag to store and transport your new markers!!!!  You know you want to win some so what are you waiting for!?!  lol  

There is also a stamp set giveaway going on over there right now too so while you are there you should try to win it! 

Until next time....happy scrapping!

5 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

This is absolutely precious!
PH

madebyKarla said...

What a cute LO! I like what you did inking the photo. Great use of the doily.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh this is so beautiful! What a precious way to use the stamp, and she is a beauty for sure!

Kathy said...

Awwww, what a beautiful baby,she is adorasble!!! Love the scrap book page, the lace is wonderful and the stamp makes it perfect for your china rose!

Trena in Naperville said...

Stacy, this is so sweet. What a precious memory on a lovely page!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!