Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pretty Little Poppet

Hi everyone!!  Stacy here today to share a sneak peak at an upcoming stamp set that will be available in the Crafter's Companion store soon.   Paintbox Poppets are an adorable new line that I am sure you will love as much as I do.


I stamped out my image and immediately got to work coloring her with my alcohol ink markers.  I was going for a dreamy watercolor feel with a lot of color.  I'm pretty happy with how she turned out.

  I layered and layered some luscious paper.  Next I cut out and embossed the colored image.    I used double sided adhesive foam under the image to add a little dimension to the the project.

I pulled out some ribbon from my stash and used my easy trick of just taping it down on the back of the paper and then hiding the taped bits with all my paper layers. 

I liked the idea of tying 3 separate pieces of ribbon on this long ribbon.
I colored white pearls from my stash with my alcohol ink markers to match my papers and added them to my card for a bit of sparkle.

And finally to finish I pulled out my Memento Tuxedo Black ink and stamped the sentiment directly on my patterned paper.

What do you think?  Do you like this cute little Poppet as much as me?? 

Thanks for stopping by and looking today.  If you find time you might want to join in on the new March Going Green Challenge on the Crafter's Companion USA Challenge Blog.   We would love to see your projects!

Until next time...happy scrapping.

5 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

I love your litle Garden Girl. The ribbon, background paper and pearls all add. I like how you did the ribbon.
PH

Marge said...

Pretty card. LOve the perfectly matched pearls.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Your garden girl is adorable as can be! Such pretty colors

Kathy said...

Wonderful card. love your coloring. Great way to put the ribbon on.

Trena in Naperville said...

Very pretty in purple Stacy!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!