Thursday, March 1, 2012

Traveler Treat Basket

Hi everyone! Samantha here, bringing you another Stamp It sneaky peek!

 I chose to use this beautiful bird with a traveling sentiment. Since the quote was about traveling, I thought it would be cute on a little treat basket to take on the go. So I made a cute little basket and filled it with some treats.

Here is the finished basket:
 The scoring guides are at the end of this post for those who need a visual.

To put together this treat basket:
Cut a square of cardstock 10.5X10.5inches. I used Kraft cardstock. Then I scored it on all sides 3.5inches in, cut along the sides I could fold up the sides into a box. It made a 3.5inch cube. The handle is 1.5inches thick (I just used the piece I cut off from the 12X12 paper when I cut the paper t0 10.5inches)

To decorate the box, I added some ink to all the edges & added some pretty patterned paper. The Stamp It stamped image was cut out and then I sponged around all the sides with two different inks: Brushed Corduroy & Walnut Stain Distress Inks. Then I wrapped twine around the box and then attached the stamped layer.

And inside I added some peppermints and chocolate chip cookies :)



Here is the scoring guide so you can create this box:

7 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Love it!!! Thanks for the directions too!

Kathy said...

Wonderful treat basket, great stains, very vintage.
Well done!!

Paula Huiras said...

Yes, very vintage looking-love the stains...A very fun project.
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Sami this is so darn adorable!!!

The image is perfect for the front, really love how you used the twine
Thanks for sharing your pattern
I will take some of those cookies

Kathi said...

Wow! That's wonderful. I love that hummingbird!!!

Great little basket. Thanks for the template!

Mmmmm. Cookies!

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

This is gorgeous Samantha! love the cookies too!

UnikeByYes said...

Wow, love the simplicity to it and yet the powerful vintage effect! Whatn agreat idea, TFS
Liz