Sunday, March 11, 2012

Traveler's Wings and Encaustic Wax

Hi! Marge here. Today I have a dreamy card made with Stamp-It's new "Hummingbird Wings" stamp. You know how the image really dictates the feel of the card?  Well this lovely quote just said "artsy" to me, so I pulled out my encaustic wax supplies to do a background with lots of motion and texture.  Not to worry, if you don't have encaustic wax, you can get a similar feel with the polished stone, shaving cream or heated pearls technique, among others.


After making the background, it was layered on black and then on a lavender base.  I stamped the main image in black ink, onto white card stock. I did a border embossed swirl on the right of the image, to reprise the swirly tail feathers.  I then sponged around it with lavender, blue, and amethyst inks. I layered it on black, adhered it with dimensionals, and added some tiny pearls as a finishing touch.

This card went together so quickly that I decided to make a custom envelope with Crafter's Companion Envelobox Creator.

For an A2 size card, I get good results starting with a 7 3/4 inch square of paper and scoring opposite corners on the E and H grooves.  I found this purple and blue paper in my stash that coordinated like a charm. I love making the envelopes special as the finishing touch for the recipient.

I think this would be a great Bon Voyage card or a Graduation card, with a sentiment about "exploring your world" inside.

That's all for today.  I hope you're enjoying your Sunday...and I'll see you back here next week!

Marge Dady

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh Marge,The background is stunning!!And what you did with the stamp is gorgeous... The matching envelope tops it off, excellent job!

Paula Huiras said...

Stunning is right! I like how you did embossed border-everything you did just added to the card!
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

What a beautiful background! Love the colors you used and this image is perfect with this technique
Thanks for sharing

Trena in Naperville said...

Beautiful Marge!!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

UnikeByYes said...

Marge this is astonishing, I have necer tried the was technique nor the others you mention either ;) but I sure will have to try! I do love the way your envelobox matched the color onthe card, I agree with you, the envelope is that extra final touch. Thank you for the inspiration,
Have a great day!
Liz

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Holy cow Marge!! this is just divine!!