Friday, March 30, 2012

Your Smile is Beautiful!

Happy Friday!!  Stacy here again this week to share ANOTHER project using the gorgeous new Art Kure Flower stamps.  I'm loving them so much that I just had to make another layout using the Art Kure English Rose stamp.

This time I used the large English Rose stamp set.  I just love that these stamps come in two sizes.  It just opens up so many scrappy possibilities.  I opened up my Word program and printed out these black frames on white card stock.  Next I stamped the English Rose stamp in the center of each frame using a different colored ink with each one.

I am taking an online class at Big Picture Classes right now and they are sending me a sketch a day.  I used the sketch from Day 1 as a starting off point.  I find using a sketch to be such a help.  Sometimes I only use a portion of the sketch or I turn it.  Or maybe I will trade out shapes.  Sometimes I am inspired to scrap just by seeing a cool sketch.  Do you use sketches as a starting point?

Next on my layout I layered some patterned paper scraps that I had sitting on my scrap desk from a card I just made.  I used an edge punch along the edge of one of the papers and layered it with the other pattern papers.  I'm obsessed with stapling ribbon on my layouts so I had to do it on here too.

My mother complains because she thinks I am cheating when I staple but I love the look so I keep on doing it!   I think it is funny that she complains since she is the person who bought me this ridiculously big awesome stapler!! LOL


I think it is one of my favorite things she has ever gotten me!!  (and she gets me good stuff!! LOL) 

To add a bit of sparkle and texture I pulled out some Glimmer Mist in Turquoise Blue and Aquamarine and splattered it on the base card stock.  I should have mentioned this first because I did it first!  Sorry.  ha  I just opened up the bottle and flicked the mist right off the end of the tube onto the paper.

Next I pulled some alphas and a rub on from my stash to make my title.  I finished up by finding a vellum quote and attaching it with some brads.  Oh I guess I shouldn't forget that tiny flower in the title.  Ha!  It was also from my stash.  Voila! 

Now that my creative juices are flowing, I think I will go and see what else I can make with these stamps!!

Thanks for stopping by and looking.  Have a fantastic weekend.

Until next time...happy scrapping!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Wonderful scrap page Stacy!! I love the way you used the stamp and the photo in the middle, what a beautiful young lady!!!
I love the stapler.
And really like the way you stapled the ribbon on the paper. What a great look.

Kelly Massman said...

What a beautiful layout!

Paula Huiras said...

Really nice page-I like the colorful flowers on either side of the "Beautiful Smile". Staples are fun and colored ones are even better!
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is such a beautiful layout and such a great way to use stamping. Such a pretty picture of your daughter.
I love stapling also because of the look and texture...staple away

Unknown said...

no no darling.... guess who????