Thursday, April 19, 2012

Altered Strawberry Kisses Journal

Hi all!  Jen (JLJ Designs) here with a fun altered journal.  I'm starting this post with a picture of the finished product, but don't worry, I'll tell you exactly how I made the journal.  This project features Friends Forever from the Strawberry Kisses collection.  I colored the image with my Spectrum Noir markers.

I purchased this mini-Composition book from a local craft store.  I thought it would be fun to alter into a journal.  I didn't worry too much about what it looked like before I started.


I added washi tape to the binding.  Luckily, I had washi tape in the colors I was going to use for my project (black/white - plus pink).  I covered the whole blue binding by overlapping the tape.  You could also use a funky duck tape and you wouldn't have to use multiple tape strips.


I covered the front, back and inside covers with pink card stock.  Then I started decorating.  I added black card stock and added sparkly ribbon to my black/white/sparkly patterned paper.


Don't forget, you have until 8 pm PST tonight to enter the weekly stamp set giveaway on the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog.

Happy Crafting!
Jen

6 comments:

Tammy Ortiz said...

Super precious. You have done awesome here.

Kathy said...

Jen, this is so sweet.I love all the great color combos.Great coloring,way to go, super job!

Paula Huiras said...

Love it-pretty colors and adorable.
PH

UnikeByYes said...

Awww! So adorable!!!! TFS

Stacy H-W said...

Such a fab journal! Really lovely!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

What fun colors and perfect image for your journal