Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dad's Day with a Sketch

Hi all!  Jen (JLJ Designs) here with a great way to get inspiration - papers and sketches.  Don't worry...I'll explain!  I started with the Stamp It Father's Day Tools, and I was wondering what to do.  I had a whole pad of masculine papers in my stash, so I picked out Spectrum Noir markers that matched the papers that I had.  I stamped the image on Ultrasmooth Premium White Cardstock and colored it.

Now that I had my image, I was wondering what to do with the colored image and the papers I had in mind.  This is when I look to a sketch for inspiration.  I found one this week at Papertake Weekly that fit with the clean design that I wanted for this masculine card.  I cut all my papers and mounted them on cardstock.


I did the same thing for the inside.  It makes decorating the inside super-easy.  Can you spot the difference from the layout on the front?


Yep, I missed the paper running vertically down the center.  I didn't see it in the sketch until I had put the papers inside.  I always decorate the inside first in case I want to add glitter or glued embellishments to the front.  This way the front can dry and my card will be finished.

Would you like to win this stamp?  Hop over to the Crafter's Companion Challenge blog, become a follower, and leave a comment.

Happy Crafting!
Jen

6 comments:

Caryn S said...

I like the card! Even if it doesn't exactly follow the sketch. Mom always said, "Every fault is a fashion"...

Kathy said...

The card is great!! I wouldn't have noticed if you wouldn't have pointed it out. I think we all do that.
My little pic with the swing, the twine just missed the tree.lol
My hubby said she was swinging on imagination,:)( Thank goodness for hubbies)
I love the wonderful color combo. Super job...

Paula Huiras said...

Great papers for a masculine card and I like the design too.
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Such a great design and your so creative, would have never noticed if you wouldn't have said anything.lol
Thanks for sharing sweetie

Stacy H-W said...

Jen, great card girl!! I love this stamp with the tools on it!! Such a perfect "guy" stamp!! Thanks for the shout out for the challenge blog!!

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Very cute card! I like the colors and I too sometimes miss a layer here and their. Lol TFS AJ!