Sunday, April 29, 2012

Father's Day with Stamp It Stamps

Do you know that Father's Day is June 17th? That means there is only so much time to get creative and crafty to make sure the day is a memorable one. Today I am going to show you two (I was feeling crafty!) projects that will hopefully get you inspired.
I have a hard time coming up with cute stamps and ideas for those men in my life. Lets face it, the craft industry leans toward the female aspect. I suppose it is because a lot of gals out there really like to get their craft on. Well these new stamps from Stamp It are manly enough for any guy and they are clean and crisp for those who like a more modern/clean project.
This first project consists of stationary. I happen to be a fan of paper products ( isn't every crafter?) and I thought some homemade stationary would be a great idea.
As you can see I made a "business" card, address label and address return label. This is a really neat project in that not only do you create the items but they can be mass produced. So how did I do this? I stamped my image, colored it up using those pretty cool Spectrum Noir pens, scanned them onto my computer, opened my word processing document, pasted the photo onto a label template, messed about re-sizing and playing with type and then I printed!

I love how this came out. Stamps can be so versatile in their use, the sky is the limit with something you want to create.

The next project is a simple and clean card. No coloring just a fabulous Stamp It sentiment and a card to embellish.
Nice and simple with a little masculine touch. I sewed the edges for an added texture and found some burlap and ribbon to anchor the eye. I have to say that we may be using this for my husband as I never know what we should get him and this way he can do what ever he wants.  Thanks for stopping by to see my projects! If you want more information on how to create your own stationary visit my blog and stop back here every day to see what the other design team members have cooked up!

Carolyn

5 comments:

Kathy said...

These are wonderful!!! Great job.

Paula Huiras said...

Love it! All your little elements and the sewing come together so nice.
PH

Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is brilliant!!! What a great idea, and so fun

Trena in Naperville said...

Great idea for stationary Carolyn!! I really dig the texture on your second card.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Wow Great Card and business" card, address label and address return label. I really like the burlap on your card. TFS AJ!