Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Feathers in My Heart

Each week at Crafter's Companion we get to share a new released stamp and this week I have a great card I was able to design using this Stamp It image. I hope you like my card!
Isn't this a fabulous stamp? I knew the feathers were perfect for a Father's Day card for my honey.
I pulled out my Spectrum Noir markers and used most of my gray tones to accent the feathers.  I decided to cut each of them out and used double sided adhesive to give dimension to the second set. The sentiment is also from the Stamp It line.
I wanted to share a close up of the feathers.  I used my small craft scissors to cut small snips so I could ruffle the feathers  I love how those turned out.  I pulled out several of my designer papers and decided to layer and mat each with black.  I even added some real feathers and a little bit of teal ribbon from my stash.
I know it is early but I am thrilled to have a Father's Day card done.  I know my honey will be so surprised.

Thanks for checking out my design.  Are you enjoying all the projects this week?  We have such a great group of talented ladies and I know I have learned so much from each of them.   If you have been inspired to be creative please share your projects with us!  The challenge this month on our Crafter's Companion USA Challenge blog is Mother's Day.  Go check it out!!

post signature

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Wonderful card Dawn, love the blue and brown colors together.The mixture of the feathers on the stamp and the real ones with the bow is very creative. awesome project.

Paula Huiras said...

Love4 the feather image-great dad card and love the real feathers too!
PH

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Wow Dawn you did a beautiful job on your card. I like the way you color your feather s. And what is better way to top it off with a perfect sentiment.